Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thing 5 RSS

The reader is an excellent tool to help mainstream hundreds of interesting blogs (thoughts and ideas). I can also imagine ways to use this in the classroom. Of the visited and subscribed blogs, my most enjoyed was the Techlearning Blog. One of the posts is "Teach Paperless" and has an absolutely fabulous video on creativity. This is a 20 minute video of a presentation by Sir Ken Robinson: Do Schools Kill Creativity? This video is interesting, thought provoking... AND ENTERTAINING several laugh outloud moments... One of my favorites being when he discusses the corpus collosum differences in men and women! If you have not already visited this video I recomend it. The actual Blog site TeachPaperless has vaulable information about using technology in the classroom. Some are activities of this class complete with consolidated set of instructions on set up and ideas on how to use them. But again, my absolute favorite was the Sir Robinson clip... Hope you visit it!

BIOLOGY TEACHERS!


Great RSS with biology current events : Biology News Net... One that caught my eye this week was the blog about evidence of Whales transistion from land to water. Fossils found that suggest birthing on land. Check it out. You might enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the biology info. I really like the video. Thanks for all your help. I want to be just like you when I finish 23 things!!!

    ReplyDelete